Steven L. Foss
Mr. Foss joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP as an associate in 2020. His practice focuses on labor and employment matters.
Following graduation from Binghamton University, Mr. Foss was a paralegal at a civil litigation firm for nearly two years. During law school, he served as a legal extern in the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation regional office in Syracuse. He interned for two small law firms in the Syracuse area, working on a variety of civil litigation matters. After graduating from law school, Mr. Foss served as a law clerk for the Honorable Jessica R. Mayer in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Past Employment Experience
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, Law Clerk, 2019 – 2020
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Legal Extern, Fall 2017 – Spring 2018
- Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc., Legal Intern, Summer 2017
- New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
Syracuse University College of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Syracuse Law Review (Executive Editor)
- Honors: Justinian Honorary Law Society; Order of the Coif; CALI Award Recipient (New York Civil Practice, Comparative Law)
State University of New York at Binghamton
- B.A (Philosophy, Politics & Law), magna cum laude, 2014
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member)
- Tompkins County Bar Associations (Member)
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Board of Directors (2021-present). Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc.