Shannon E. Kane
Ms. Kane joined the firm in 2016 as an Associate with the firm. She is now of Special Counsel. Ms. Kane’s practice is concentrated in the areas of Labor & Employment and Litigation. Ms. Kane defends employers against liability, discrimination and disability claims, and represents employers in contract negotiations, General Municipal Law 207 matters, arbitration, discipline and administrative proceedings.
Ms. Kane began her legal career when she served as student judicial law clerk to the Honorable Thomas J. McAvoy, Senior U.S. District Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York. She also served as a student law clerk with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York in Syracuse, N.Y.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Board of Directors for the YMCA of Broome County
- Board of Directors of the Addiction Center of Broome County
Publications & Presentations
- Enforceability of Settlement Agreements in New York: Say What You Mean, N.Y. EMPLOYMENT LAW LETTER, April 2017, at 4-5 (VOL. 24, No. 4).
- Are Settlement Negotiations Confidential or Admissible Evidence?, N.Y. EMPLOYMENT LAW LETTER, March 2017, at 4-5 (VOL. 24, No. 3).
- Handling Mental Disability Claims: Tips for New York Employers, N.Y. EMPLOYMENT LAW LETTER, Feb. 2017, at 1-2 (VOL. 24, No. 2).
- Fifth Amendment Doesn’t Bar New York Detective’s Discipline, N.Y. EMPLOYMENT LAW LETTER, Jan. 2017, at 2-3 (VOL. 24, No. 1).
- New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2018
College of Law
- J.D., 2016
University of North Carolina
- Master of Healthcare,
- B.A. (English), cum laude, 2013