Christopher S. McIlveen
Christopher McIlveen joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2022. His practice is concentrated in the areas of business, banking, and municipal and public law. He is licensed in the states of New York and North Carolina.
While attending law school, Christopher was a summer law clerk for a commercial real estate litigation firm in London, United Kingdom, a summer law clerk for a firm in Syracuse, New York, and a student attorney for Syracuse University’s Transactional Law Clinic, where he assisted small businesses and non-profit organizations in a variety of matters, including formations, contract reviews, and dissolutions.
Christopher earned his Bachelor of Arts degrees in History and Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, his Juris Doctor degree from Syracuse University College of Law, cum laude, and his Master of Laws with a concentration in Transactional and Corporate Law from Emory University School of Law. During his time at Syracuse Law, he served as a Teaching Assistant in Legal Communications and Research, teaching legal writing and research to first year law students, and served as the Managing Editor for the Journal of Science and Technology. He also served as the Executive Vice President of the Student Bar Association.
- New York, 2021
- North Carolina, 2019
Emory University School of Law
- L.L.M. (Transactional and Corporate Law), 2020
Syracuse University College of Law
- J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Student Bar Association (Executive Vice President)
- Syracuse Journal of Science and Technology (Managing Editor)
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A. (History and Political Science), 2016
- New York State Bar Association (Member, 2022 – Present)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member, 2022 – Present)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member, 2019 – Present)