Brady L. Begeal
Mr. Begeal joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP as a summer associate in 2011 after graduating from Albany Law School. Mr. Begeal is now a partner at the firm, practicing in the Business & Banking department and Public, Municipal & Education Law department.
As the chair of the firm’s Business & Banking department, Mr. Begeal represents various corporate clients and financial institutions in relation to banking and finance, leasing, commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions and business restructuring. From formation and expansion to business succession planning, Mr. Begeal enjoys advising entrepreneurs at every phase of the business ownership life-cycle. In his public law practice, Mr. Begeal advises towns, villages, school districts, ambulance companies and fire departments on a wide range of topics including competitive bidding, open meetings law (OML) and freedom of information law (FOIL), zoning and planning, local law adoption and vendor/provider contracts.
Mr. Begeal is admitted to practice in both New York and Pennsylvania. He stays active in the greater Binghamton communities by serving on various committees, boards and volunteer groups, and speaking at local events and seminars.
Honors & Awards
- Listed, Upstate New York Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars, 2015-Present.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Emerging Leaders Society of Broome County, Member and Former Co-Chair
- United Way of Broome County, Campaign Coordinator for the Legal Community (2015 – 2020)
- Broome Leadership Institute (BLI), 2013 Graduate
- Fred L. Waterman Conservation Education Center, Former Board Member
- The Magic Paintbrush Project, Former Board Member
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2017
Albany Law School of
- J.D., cum laude, 2011
- B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
- New York State Bar Association (Member, 2012-Present)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member, 2012-Present)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Member, 2012-Present)