Keith A. O’Hara
Mr. O’Hara joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 1996 and is a partner in the firm. He is Co-Chair of the firm’s Recruitment Committee. Mr. O’Hara formerly clerked for State Supreme Court Justice Patrick D. Monserrate. His present practice is concentrated in insurance defense, personal injury litigation, and municipal law and has tried several cases to verdict, including a Top Ten defense verdict as reported by the New York Law Journal.
Mr. O’Hara has formerly served as a Board member for the Vestal Little League and Ross Park Zoo, has served as an attorney advisor for the New York State Bar Association Mock Trial Tournament. Mr. O’Hara is an active member of both the Broome County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Appeared before the New York Court of Appeals, successfully upholding dismissal of Texas judgment against a New York resident involving precedent-setting interpretation of New York Law.
- Multiple successful appeals before the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Judicial Departments.
- Successfully defended lawsuit against School District at trial for injury sustained by student while playing Dodgeball.
- Successfully defended Apartment Complex owner against claims of Human Rights violations.
Past Employment Experience
- Clerk, State Supreme Court Justice Patrick D. Monserrate
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Broome County Catholic Youth Organization as a coach.
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1992
State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law
- J.D., 1990
University of Scranton
- B.S. (Criminal Justice), 1987
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- Broome County (Member)