Corinne E. Taylor
Corinne joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2022 and serves as Special Counsel. Her practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate transactions, estate planning and administration, and estate and wills dispute litigation. She also practices in the area of criminal and family law. Corinne is an experienced litigator and has been practicing law for nearly twenty (20) years in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Coughlin & Gerhart, Corinne worked at a respected law firm based in Scranton, PA, upon graduating law school and later accepted a position at North Penn Legal Services where she focused primarily on family and juvenile law. She served as a public defender assigned to represent juveniles in criminal proceedings and as a Guardian ad Litem to represent abused and neglected children. In 2012, Corinne was appointed by the Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas as a Judicial Hearing Officer where she presided over cases. Before transitioning to the private sector, she also served as the Guardian Ad Litem for Lackawanna County in custody and divorce proceedings and as a Senior Law Clerk to the Honorable Trish Corbett.
In 2017, Corinne joined an established law firm based in Moosic, PA, where she engaged in a general practice concentrating in the areas of real estate, estate planning and administration, probate law, and civil litigation throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. She represented individual clients and businesses on a wide range of legal matters and issues.
Corinne is an Adjunct Professor in the Social Sciences Department at Marywood University. She is also a member of the Pennsylvania and Susquehanna County Bar Associations.
Publications & Presentations
- Bench-Bar Conference, Lackawanna Bar Association (Keynote Speaker) (2010)
- National Conference on Juvenile Justice, New York City, New York (Panelist) (2011)
Past Employment Experience
- Law Firm based in Scranton, PA, Associate
- North Penn Legal Services, Staff Attorney
- The Court of Common Pleas of Lackawanna County, Judicial Hearing Officer, Guardian ad Litem, and Senior Law Clerk
- Law Firm based in Moosic, PA, Associate
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Volunteer, Senior Living Communities
- Former Volunteer Coach, Lackawanna Trail Junior High Girls Basketball
- Advisory Committee for Court Appointed Special Advocate Program (Former Member)
- Paralegal Advisory Board Committee, McCann School of Business (Former Member)
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- J.D., 2003
- Honors: Dean’s List
- B.A. (Criminal Justice), 1995
- Honors: Highest Distinction in the Major; Alpha Phi Sigma (Criminal Justice Honor Society); National Dean’s List
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Member)
- Susquehanna Bar Association (Member)