Nancy E. Kline
Ms. Kline joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2007 and is Of Counsel with the firm. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kline was a Partner in the law firm of Pearis, Kline & Barber, LLP. Ms. Kline concentrates her practice in the area of elder law, including wills, trusts, estates, estate planning and advising clients about Medicaid and other methods of paying for nursing home care.
Ms. Kline is active with the Broome County Bar Association, serving as its Treasurer, as Chairperson of its annual Elder Law Continuing Legal Education program, and as a member of its Continuing Legal Education Committee.
She also serves as Treasurer of the Broome County Bar Foundation. She is the Director of Yale University’s Alumni Schools Committee (District No. 1203) which interviews high school students who apply to the school, and past President of the Board of Trustees of the Friends of the Broome County Public Library. Ms. Kline is the author of the article “Totten Trusts: Dilemmas, Concerns and Suggested Solutions,” Vol. 9, No. 1 National College of Probate Judges and Boston University School of Law Probate Law Journal, 1989.
Ms. Kline is the author of Medicaid Financial Eligibility Rules for Nursing Home Care in New York State, which was published by the Broome County Bar Association. She wrote this book to help other lawyers gain access to and understand the rules which determine when Medicaid will pay for nursing home care for people who are age 65 and older.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Board of Directors of the Broome County Bar Association
- Director of Yale University’s Alumni Schools Committee
Publications & Presentations
- Totten Trusts: Dilemmas, Concerns and Suggested Solutions,” Vol. 9, No. 1 National College of Probate Judges and Boston University School of Law Probate Law Journal (1989)
- Medicaid Financial Eligibility Rules for Nursing Home Care in New York State, Broome County Bar Association (2011)
- New York, 1990
Boston University School
- J.D., 1989
- B.A., 1982
- Broome County Bar Association (Treasurer)
- New York State Bar Association