Rachel A. Abbott
Ms. Abbott joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2005 and is a partner in the firm. Her practice consists of personal injury and wrongful death litigation, with a focus in medical negligence, products liability car accidents and falls. Ms. Abbott also practices in the area of family and matrimonial law.
Ms. Abbott is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Broome County Bar Association. Ms. Abbott was chosen by her peers to represent the Broome County Bar Association as an alternate delegate to the New York State Bar Association. She is a member of the Broome County Bar Association’s Judicial Committee. Ms. Abbott is a proud member of the Whitney Point Preschool & Daycare Center’s Board.
Honors & Awards
- Listed, Upstate New York Super Lawyers’ Rising Star, 2013-Present
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America©, 2016 (Personal Injury Litigation)
- Named Best Lawyers in America©, 2016 Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” in Binghamton, New York
- New York, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2007
Syracuse University College
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2005
- B.A., summa cum laude, 2002
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- Broome County Bar Association (Pro Bono)