Thomas H. Bouman
Mr. Bouman joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP, in 2017 as an associate in the Litigation Practice Group. He received a B.A. in Writing Seminars with general and departmental honors from Johns Hopkins University in 2001, an M.F.A from Columbia University in 2005, and a J.D. from The Dickinson School of Law at the Pennsylvania State University in 2017. Tom’s practice is concentrated in civil litigation, with a focus on representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
Tom is a member of the Broome County Bar Association. While studying at The Dickinson School of Law, he was a student editor of the international legal history journal Jus Gentium and a legal extern at the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Before starting his legal career, Tom worked as a book editor focusing on fiction, history, current events, and memoir. He is an award-winning mystery novelist. Tom enjoys the outdoors, biking, sailing, and music.
Honors & Awards
- 2014 Los Angeles Times Book Prize in the Mystery/Thriller category, Dry Bones in the Valley.
- 2015 Edgar Award for Best First Novel, Dry Bones in the Valley.
Publications & Presentations
- Tom Bouman is the acclaimed author of three novels: Dry Bones in the Valley (2014), Fateful Mornings (2017), and The Bramble and the Rose, forthcoming in 2020.
- New York, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
The Dickinson School of
Law at the Pennsylvania
- J.D., 2017
- M.F.A. (Creative Writing,
Fiction Concentration), 2005
Johns Hopkins University
- B.A. (Writing Seminars), 2001
- Honors: General &
Departmental Honors; Phi
- New York State Bar Association (Member, 2018 – Present)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member, 2018 – Present)