Dirk A. Galbraith
Mr. Galbraith joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2017 and is Of Counsel with the firm at our Ithaca office. Prior to joining Coughlin & Gerhart, Mr. Galbraith was a Partner in the law firm of Holmberg Galbraith, LLP.
His practice includes civil litigation, personal injury law, divorce and family law, real estate law, land use planning and zoning law, business and commercial law.
Mr. Galbraith is a member of the New York State and Tompkins County Bar Associations. He currently serves as the Chairperson for the Appellate Division’s Department Attorney Grievance Committee. Mr. Galbraith was a member of the Cornell Law Review and served as a 1st Lieutenant in the U.S. Army (Field Artillery).
Honors & Awards
Named to the Top 100 Jury Verdicts: All Practice Areas in New York State (2017)
Past Employment Experience
- Lecturer, Law, Cornell University School of Law, 1975 – 1978
- U.S. Army, Field Artillery, 1st Lt., 1971
- New York, 1972
Cornell Law School
- J.D., 1971
- Honors: President, Cornell Law Student Association (1970-1971)
- Cornell Law Review (Member, 1969 – 1970)
- B.A., 1968
- Tompkins County Bar Association (Secretary, 1977)
- Tompkins County Bar Association (President, 1994)
- New York State Bar Association (Member, House of Delegates,
1985 – 1988)