Gina M. Middleton
Mrs. Middleton joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2020. Her practice is concentrated in the areas of litigation and public law.
Mrs. Middleton is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Broome County Bar Association. She began her legal career as a law clerk for a law firm specializing in social security and bankruptcy in Buffalo, New York. While attending law school, she was a student attorney for the University at Buffalo School of Law’s Animal Law Clinic where she worked on civil matters and drafting legislation. As a second year law student, Mrs. Middleton was selected to spend a semester studying abroad at the University of Glasgow in Scotland and spent the semester learning about the structure of the legal system in the United Kingdom. Mrs. Middleton was selected to be a Civil Procedure Fellow in the Fall of 2019 and assisted incoming first year law students with understanding and learning the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
Prior to joining Coughlin & Gerhart full time, Mrs. Middleton worked as a law clerk for two small firms in the Buffalo area, working primarily on social security, bankruptcy, and patent law matters, and as a summer associate at Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP.
Past Employment Experience
- Keyhani, LLC, Law Clerk, 2019
- Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP, Summer Associate, 2019
- University at Buffalo School of Law, Research Assistant, 2018 – 2019
- Jeffrey Freedman Attorneys, PLLC, Law Clerk, 2018
- New York, 2021
University at Buffalo Law School, State University of New York
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- Honors: Order of the Coif; CALI Award Recipient (Gender, Sexuality & the Law, Copyright Law); 2020 Robert J. Connelly Trial Technique Award
State University of New York at Geneseo, Ella Cline Shear School of Education
- (Master of Education in Literacy B-12), 2016
State University of New York at Geneseo
- B.A. (English), 2014
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member)