Front Desk Receptionist- Binghamton NY
General Statement of Duties:
Performs all functions related to receiving calls, clients, vendors, and deliveries and directs them to appropriate individual(s) within the firm according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and record oral information from telephone callers or in person, communicate to attorneys and staff.
- Operate multi-line telephone console to relay incoming, outgoing, and intra-system calls.
- Direct telephone calls and faxes to appropriate attorneys and staff.
- Meet and greet clients/visitors to the law office, ensure proper clearance and routing of such parties in accordance with firm policies; notify supervisor of difficult situations.
- Receive and record deliveries to the firm and/or individuals in the firm and route them accordingly.
- Schedule and maintain records for use of conference rooms.
- Maintain ample stationery supplies in conference rooms and assist with ordering for the office.
- Maintain neatness of lobby, reception area, and conference rooms.
- Investigate and direct mail that is not addressed to a specific individual.
- Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision.
- Make photocopies for clients/attorneys.
- Assist staff and attorneys with clerical related tasks (i.e. organization of files, mailings, organization of medical records, library filing, data entry, etc.)
- Perform roll call during building emergency evacuations.
- Maintain whereabouts of firm personnel on a daily basis.
- Maintain and monitor visitor badge inventory.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Director-HR.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by telephone and in person with visitors, attorneys and staff.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls.
- Ability to multi task.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school in order to process informational messages.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required; AAS Degree preferred