Paralegal – Commercial & Residential Real Estate
Support real estate attorneys with closing and disbursing financings for multi-faceted commercial real estate and residential real estate transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete and file UCC financing statements.
- Review purchase/sale contract and/or loan commitment letter; assess matter and formulate plan of documentation requirements needed to proceed to closing.
- Draft necessary documents for specific transaction, compile necessary financial document, coordinate closing with attorneys, lender and clients and finalize closing figures.
- Review of Abstracts of Title, property information and mapping, including zoning, taxes.
- Preparation of title insurance commitments/policies for both lenders and owners.
- Opening files, pulling tax/tax map information, entering data.
- Preparation of documents such title searching, transfer documents, statements of sale and lender closing disclosures, ordering tax certificates and water readings, title insurance commitments for lenders, coordination of closing among all parties, disbursing mortgage funds at closing, shipping closing packages to lenders, making mortgage payoffs, following up on all post-closing items.
- Annual follow up on post-closing portions of real estate transactions.
- Other duties as required for completion of real estate matters.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- Understanding of corporate structures, commercial finance loan terminology and various loan types.
- Ability to create positive working relationships and effectively communicate with all parties in the transaction process.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in the areas listed in the essential functions.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize shifting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School degree required; AAS degree preferred.
- Experience in Business, Corporate, Commercial and/or Residential Real Estate highly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Notary Public license preferred.