Real Estate Associate Attorney
Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP is seeking a full-time NYS admitted Associate Attorney with at least 1-5 years of experience in Real Estate (residential or commercial). Home office at our Binghamton, NY or Ithaca, NY location.
Coughlin & Gerhart proudly dates back to the 1890s and has grown to include eight offices in New York and Pennsylvania. As we continue to grow, we remain committed to our founding principles as a law firm focused upon client relationships and our dedication to fully meeting the needs of our individual, business, and municipal clients.
We offer numerous highly experienced and skilled attorneys, diverse practice areas, and a core belief that everyone who seeks the services of a lawyer deserves to be treated as a priority, from the time they meet with us in an initial consultation, to when their legal matter is resolved.
Real Estate responsibilities:
- Represent the firm’s clients in purchase and sale of properties.
- Review real estate documentation and advise clients accordingly.
- Review abstracts of title and title reports.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for real estate transactions.
- Draft various real estate documents during the transaction process.
- Title insurance underwriting, curative and claims.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Provides sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please express interest with cover letter and resume to:
Kip Burlew, Human Resources Director
Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP
PO Box 2039
Binghamton, NY 13902-2039
Email Address: [email protected]