Human Resources Specialist
- Monitor and manage workflow/coverage for all non-exempt staff.
- Recruitment of qualified and capable talent for the organization for staff positions:
- Maintains applicant tracking and vacancy tracking processes.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the needs of the firm.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes to include firm website, social media and other recruiting resources.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, and/or supervising attorneys.
- Conducts reference and background checks.
- Collaborates with the Director of Human Resources and/or other leadership during the offer process to identifying salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Attends and participates in college and local job fairs.
- Implement and coordinate marketing actions in conjunction with Managing Partner and Administrative Assistant as it relates to human resources.
- Play an active role in representing the firm in the community and attending functions.
- Coordinate firm events as it relates to human resources.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor all personnel related files (paper & electronic) for required documentation associated with aspects of this position.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Understanding of current social media aspects used in recruiting.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least two years coordinating all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- HR certification(s) desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please express interest with cover letter and resume to:
Kip Burlew, Human Resources Director
Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP
PO Box 2039
Binghamton, NY 13902-2039
Email Address: [email protected]