Serenna L. McCloud
Ms. McCloud joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2020. As an associate, her practice is concentrated in the practice groups of Business & Banking and Trust & Estates, where she handles business entity formations, contracts, negotiations, general business advice, estate planning, and estate administration.
Prior to joining Coughlin & Gerhart, Ms. McCloud briefly operated a solo practice in Ithaca, NY. She began her legal career in financial regulatory compliance at a well-respected global investment bank. Additionally, Ms. McCloud was an honors student intern at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission and a full time summer intern at the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Bureau of Securities. Prior to law school, Ms. McCloud was a paralegal in the practice areas of finance and intellectual property.
While in law school, Ms. McCloud was president of the Center for Urban Business Entrepreneurship’s Small Business Consultation Center, Academic Chair for the Latin American Law student Association, Associate Managing Editor for the Brooklyn Journal of International Law, and Class of 2016 Ambassador.
Publications & Presentations
- Water Law II Conference at Cornell University (Co-Presenter, March 2019)
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Volunteer Tax Preparer at Alternatives VITA
- Immigration Volunteer of St. Francis of Assisi
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2020
Brooklyn Law School
- J.D., 2016
- B.S., magna cum laude, 2002
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- Tompkins County Bar Association (Member)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member)