Michael C. Perehinec Jr.
Mr. Perehinec joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2017 and is a partner with our Ithaca office. Prior to joining Coughlin & Gerhart, Mr. Perehinec was a Partner with the law firm of Holmberg Galbraith, LLP.
Perehinec’s practice includes civil litigation and appeals, personal injury, trusts and estates, business and commercial law, real estate law and criminal defense.
While in law school, Michael was a member of the Jerome Prince Moot Court Evidence Team as well as being selected as the Chief Justice of the Moot Court program. Additionally, he worked as an Americorp Access to Justice volunteer working with the Chemung County Neighborhood Legal Services office to provide representation in unemployment hearings and eviction proceedings.
Perehinec is currently active in the Tompkins County Special Olympics program and is a board member on two local not-for-profit organizations as well as serving as the Tompkins County High School Mock Trial Coordinator.
Past Employment Experience
- Holmberg Galbraith, LLP, Partner
- Chemung County Neighborhood Legal Services, Americorp Access to Justice, Volunteer
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Tompkins County Special Olympics Program
- Tompkins County High School Mock Trial (Coordinator)
- New York, 2013
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2013
Pettit College of Law
- J.D., 2011
- Honors: Jerome Prince Moot
Court Evidence Team
(Member); Chief Justice of the
Moot Court Program
Saint Vincent College
- B.A., 2008