Mark D. Spinner
Mark joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 2022 as Special Counsel. His practice is concentrated in the areas of Public, Municipal, & Education Law and Labor & Employment Law. Mark represents both private businesses and public entities such as municipalities, school districts, and fire districts on a wide range of legal issues, including labor and employment matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark was engaged in private practice focused on Creditors’ Rights, Health, and Insurance Law, representing primarily medical providers including not-for-profit health systems and hospitals. He has extensive civil litigation, as well as state and federal regulatory compliance experience.
Publications & Presentations
- New York Civil Procedure, Creditors’ Rights, Bankruptcy, State and Federal Consumer Law and Regulation (Presenter, Broome County Bar Association CLE).
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Board of Directors of the Broome County Bar Association and Broome County Bar Foundation (Treasurer, 2015 – 2018)
- New York, 1999
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1999
Albany Law School of Union University
- J.D., 1998
- Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology (Articles Editor)
- B.A. (Political Science),
Alden Scholar, 1995
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Member)
- Broome County Bar Association (Member)