Gary B. Kline
Mr. Kline joined Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP in 1989 and is Of Counsel with the firm. His practice includes all phases of real estate, from evictions to complex commercial transactions including related bank financing. He also consults on Marcellus Shale, business planning and estates. Between 1986 and 1989, Mr. Kline was a Tax Consultant in New York City with Arthur Andersen & Co., concentrating in individual and partnership tax matters.
Mr. Kline is a member of the New York State and Broome County Bar Associations. He is the author of the following articles: “Strategies for Limiting Interest Costs, Including Choice of Forum”, 46 Institute on Federal Taxation 49, 1988; and “Constitutionality of Notice in Virginia Probate and Estate Administration”, 42 Washington and Lee Law Review 1325, 1985.
Publications & Presentations
- “Strategies for Limiting Interest Costs, Including Choice of Forum”, 46 Institute on Federal Taxation (1988).
- “Constitutionality of Notice in Virginia Probate and Estate Administration”, 42 Washington and Lee Law Review (1985).
Honors & Awards
- Omicron Delta Epsilon, the International Economics Honor Society (Member)
Past Employment Experience
- Arthur Andersen & Co., Tax Consultant
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2000
Washington and Lee University School of Law
- J.D., 1986
- Honors: (Staff Writer & Contributor), Law Review,
Franklin and Marshall College
- B.A. (Accounting and
- Broome County Bar Association (Member)
- New York State Bar Association (Member)